How to Get the Most Money Selling Your Golf Cart
Don't sell yourself short! Make sure you get the most money for your cart when selling, with these easy tips.
Selling a golf cart can be painless and profitable, when done correctly. To ensure you get the best value for your cart, it's important for you to present it in the best light possible. This guide is designed to help you, especially if you're not familiar with online selling platforms, to maximize your golf cart’s selling price. When followed correctly, our golf cart listing tips will help put more money in your pocket!
1. Begin with the Basics
The first step in selling your golf cart is to gather all necessary details. Include the make, model, year, and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), if applicable. If your cart is older or does not have a VIN number, include as much about the ownership history as you can. Also, don't forget to list any great features your cart may have, such as:
- Upgrades: Any added features like a lift kit, heavy-duty leaf springs, sound systems, upgraded seats, or custom golf cart lights.
- Modifications: Custom paint jobs, wraps, decals, or other personalized touches.
- Recent Maintenance: Highlight recent services, especially significant ones like battery replacements or mechanical overhauls.
- Additional Features: If your cart comes with extras like an all-weather golf cart enclosure, built-in cooler, or GPS system, be sure to mention these.
2. Take Great Photos
Photographs are one of the most important aspects of attracting potential buyers. Photos provide a visual representation of your golf cart’s condition and features. Some sellers tend to neglect taking good photographs of their cart, and end up leaving thousands of dollars on the table. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is to take the best pictures you can. Here’s how to take effective photos:
- Prepare Your Cart: Wash and detail your cart inside and out. A well-maintained appearance in the photos can significantly increase buyer interest.
- Declutter: Before taking photos, empty your cup holders, dash console, rear cargo area, etc., to allow potential buyers to focus on the important aspects of your cart.
- Use Good Lighting: Take photos in a well-lit area (preferably outdoors) but avoid direct sunlight, which can create harsh shadows.
- Cover All Angles: Include shots from various angles, both inside and outside of the cart. Try not to cut important parts of the photo out of any angles you take.
- Highlight Key Features: Close-up shots of any upgrades or special features can be very appealing, such as upgraded golf cart wheels and tires.
- Be Honest: Show any flaws or damage to avoid disputes later.
- Include Documentation: If you have ownership/service records or other documents, include pictures of these in the listing, making sure to cover any personal information.
For more detailed advice, visit our photography page for tips and tricks and download our detailed photo guide.
3. Create a Video
A video says 1,000 words. We find that videos can significantly increase buyer confidence. Here’s how to create an effective golf cart listing video:
- Showcase the Golf Cart: Include shots of the exterior, interior, and the battery compartment.
- Demonstrate Functionality: Show the cart starting (if gas), running, and driving.
- Multiple or Single Video: You can create separate videos for different aspects or one full video.
- Filming Tips: Film in landscape mode (phone held horizontally) to show your audience the largest picture of what you are filming. Ensure the video is steady and focused!
Host your video on platforms like YouTube or Vimeo for easy sharing.
4. Additional Tips for Selling Your Cart Online
- Create a Clear Description: Write a concise yet detailed description. Mention how long you’ve owned the cart and how it’s been used.
- Set a Realistic Price: Research similar models online to set a competitive but fair price.
- Choose the Right Platform: List your golf cart on popular platforms, such as Golf Cart Sellers, where golf cart buyers are likely to visit.
- Be Available for Questions: Respond promptly to potential buyers’ inquiries.
Selling your golf cart online can be straightforward if you present it well. By following these tips, you can enhance your chances of getting a good price for your golf cart. Remember, the more effort you put into the listing, the more likely you are to attract serious buyers willing to pay top dollar. Good luck with your sale!
Written by: Alex Sturwold