Golf Cart Sellers LLC – Privacy Statement
Effective Date: September 1, 2022
Thank you for your interest in Golf Cart Sellers, LLC (“Golf Cart Sellers”). We respect the privacy of our users when they use our websites, mobile and other online applications and products and services (collectively, the “Golf Cart Sellers Sites”). By using Golf Cart Sellers Sites, you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
When we refer to Golf Cart Sellers within this Privacy Statement, we are referring to Golf Cart Sellers, LLC. This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through the Golf Cart Sellers Sites and does not describe the collection, use and disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with Golf Cart Sellers, please review their privacy policies.
Services offered by Golf Cart Sellers are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), you should not provide any personal information to us.
This Privacy Statement covers:
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
- Automated Information
- Data Technologies
- Location Information
- Publicly Posted Information
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources
- How We May Use the Information We Collect
- Applications, Widgets and Social Media
- Advertising Networks
- Information We Share
- Our Service Providers
- Co-Sponsored Promotions
- Promotions on Behalf of Third Parties
- Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers
- Credit Applications
- Corporate and Asset Transactions
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Access and Correction
- Data Security
- Updates to this Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
Information is gathered from the Golf Cart Sellers Sites by us, our service providers, advertisers, sponsors and partners.
Information You Provide. We may collect information that you choose to provide on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- register for one of our products or services. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security Number, and credit information;
- make information available to us via social networking logins, such as Facebook or Twitter;
- express an interest in buying, selling or trading in a golf cart (such as by using our “email the seller” function);
- participate in chats, web forums or other interactive sessions;
- apply for credit with a dealer or one of our finance partners;
- provide payment card information for one of our products or services;
- subscribe to newsletters or provide feedback; and
- participate in surveys, sweepstakes or other promotions.
Automated Information. Information regarding your use of the Golf Cart Sellers Sites may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Golf Cart Sellers Site and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those email; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
- your behavior while using our site, including the time you spend on portions of the site and how you interact with various aspects of the site
Data Technologies. Various technologies are used to automatically collect information, such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons (generally referred to as “Data Technologies”. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. “Local shared objects,” sometimes known as Flash cookies, may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies. Anonymous advertising identifiers are increasingly being used on mobile devices and otherwise in a manner similar to cookies. When we refer to Data Technologies, we are including all current and similar future technologies.
One or more Data Technologies may be used on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites and other websites and mobile applications (that may not be the Golf Cart Sellers Sites) by us, by another party on our behalf, or by third parties in accordance with their privacy policies. Data Technologies may be used by us and others, on our behalf and on their own behalf, to transmit information to you or about you and connect information about you from different sources, websites, devices, and mobile applications.
We may use a uniquely generated trackable toll-free telephone number on dealer sites or in advertisements. If you call one of these uniquely generated toll-free numbers, we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may collect non-personally identifiable information about the call (e.g. date, time, duration), as well as personally identifiable information (e.g. your name, the number from which your call originated).
Videos. We may target and track the videos you view on the Sites. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Location Information. When you download or use the Golf Cart Sellers Website, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We also may collect Location Information when you visit or are in the vicinity of one of our dealers. We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or download the Golf Cart Sellers Sites). We may use Location Information and provide it to third parties to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, dealers in the area, and direction, to evaluate and improve the Golf Cart Sellers Sites, or to provide you with content and services relevant to one or more nearby dealers.
Publicly Posted Information. Information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about your use of the Sites, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to create listings and advertisements for any golf carts and other vehicles that you list for sale with us. These lists and advertisements may appear on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites and other websites, mobile applications or services of third parties;
- to provide values and/or offers for golf carts that you would like to sell or trade in;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with Golf Cart Sellers and our users, dealers, manufacturers and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to provide or sell to third parties to allow them to market or advertise their products or services to you;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Golf Cart Sellers Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when and in the manner required by law.
Applications, Widgets and Social Media
Advertising that is customized based on predictions generated over time from your visits across different websites, devices and mobile applications is sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising. We may partner with advertising networks, which are companies that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of interest-based advertisements. They may utilize information collected through a variety of Data Technologies to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites and on third-party’s websites and mobile applications. This process allows Golf Cart Sellers and third parties to deliver targeted advertising, enhance marketing programs and help track the effectiveness of such efforts. Our advertising networks also may use this information for determining or predicting the characteristics and preferences of their respective advertising audiences and measuring the effectiveness of their advertising in accordance with their privacy policies.
We do not provide information that is directly associated with a specific person (such as name and address) to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may make an assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisement.
Some companies disclose when they are using interest-based advertising programs on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites to deliver third-party ads or collecting information about your visit for these purposes and give you the ability to opt-out of this use of your information. You may see an icon in or around third-party advertisements on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites that use interest-based advertising programs and on pages where data is collected and used for online interest-based advertising. Clicking on this icon will provide additional information about the companies and data practices that were used to deliver the ad. You can opt out of delivery of targeted advertising to you by multiple companies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.evidon.com. Please note that even if you opt out, you will continue to receive advertisements, but they will not be tailored to your specific interests.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share information about you, including personal information, with our corporate affiliates, who will use it in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with the Golf Cart Sellers Sites on our behalf. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Co-Sponsored Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest or other promotion that is co-sponsored by Golf Cart Sellers and a third party, we may share information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion, including personal information, with that third party. After the information is provided to those third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to their privacy policies and practices. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted on behalf of Golf Cart Sellers and a third party will include branding from both Golf Cart Sellers and the third party.
- Promotions on behalf of Third Parties. Periodically, third parties may conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for their own purpose on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites. Information you provide in response to those activities is governed by their privacy policies. Surveys, sweepstakes and other promotions conducted solely for the purpose of a third party will include only the third party’s branding.
Buyers, Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers. Information about you, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with sellers, dealers and manufacturers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies. For example:
- If you are interested in a particular listing of a golf cart for sale, information about you may be shared with the buyer or seller of that particular golf cart or similar golf carts or dealers in your area, for example when you submit a lead request or enter into a chat with the buyer or seller;
- If you are considering trading in a golf cart, we may provide information about you to dealers who participate in our trade-in program and other dealers in your area;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you that we provided to their franchised dealers;
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, with information about you if you are interested in pre-owned golf carts; or
- We may provide manufacturers, their agents or third party service providers, and dealers with information about you when you access the Golf Cart Sellers Sites via Golf Cart Sellers branded advertising and/or functionality found on their websites or other third party websites.
- Credit Applications. If you apply for credit on the Golf Cart Sellers Sites with us, our dealers, or any third party, it will be necessary for you to provide personal information to complete the application, including your address, credit information and history, employment and other financial information. We may share your application information with the dealership(s) you selected and our financial partners so that they can process your application and otherwise use it in accordance with their privacy policies, however, we will not use your personal financial information for interest based advertising.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
Other. We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Golf Cart Sellers and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Golf Cart Sellers Sites or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
You are entitled to make certain choices about how we communicate with you.
- You may choose not to provide personal information, even though that might impact your ability to register or receive a particular product or service.
- If you do not want to receive marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link provided in those emails.
- If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you can opt out as discussed in the “Advertising Networks” section above.
- You have a number of choices regarding certain Data Technologies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies and disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or opting out at www.Evidon.com or the website of the technology provider. If you choose to decline cookies or similar technologies, however, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result. You may be able to adjust the use of advertising identifiers on mobile devices through the settings on your device. Finally, if you do not want to use a uniquely generated telephone number, you may choose to not call us.
- If you do not want us to use Location Information, you can decline our initial invitation to provide that information, or opt out by changing the location services settings on your mobile device. However, please note that certain features may not function properly or at all as a result if you opt out.
For California Residents
California Consumer Notices
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain personal information about you to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. We comply with this law by offering you the ability to tell us not to share your personal information with third parties.
To make such a request, you must include this section heading as the subject line, and your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message and send to:
Golf Cart Sellers LLC
7607 E Greenway Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
California Notice of Collection under California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
This Golf Cart Sellers Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in this Policy and the rights mentioned below apply solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California. We share this notice of collection to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
- Sharing Personal Information
Golf Cart Sellers does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in this Policy as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
- Information We Collect:
|Categories||Examples||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for business purposes?|
|Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers||Yes||Yes|
|Customer records information||Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, bank account number, credit or debit card number, other financial information||Yes||Yes|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||Race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age||Yes||Yes|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Yes||Yes|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement||Yes||Yes|
|Geolocation data||Physical location||Yes||Yes|
|Professional or employment-related information:||Current or past job history||Yes||Yes|
|Inferences||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, aptitudes||Yes||Yes|
California Residents’ Rights
California law grants California residents certain rights as set forth below.
Do-Not-Sell. California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. To the extent Golf Cart Sellers sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You may also submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com.
Verifiable Requests to Delete and to Know. You have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Submitting Requests. You may exercise your rights by emailing us at email@example.com
We will respond to your Right to Know and Right to Delete requests within 45 days.
Verification: When you submit your request, we will take steps to attempt to verify your identity. We will seek to match the information in your request to the personal information we maintain about you. As part of our verification process, we may ask you to submit additional information, use identity verification services to assist us, or, if you have set up an account on our website, we may ask you to sign in to your account as part of our identity verification process. Please understand that, depending on the type of request you submit, to protect the privacy and security of your and other users’ personal information, we will only complete your request when we are satisfied that we have verified your identity consistent with applicable law and regulations.
Authorized Agent: The CCPA allows California consumers to designate an authorized agent to exercise their rights under CCPA. You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The site is intended for a general audience and is not directed at children under (13) years of age.
We do not knowingly gather personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, contact us at email@example.com. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable laws.
We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents without their affirmative authorization.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the site, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the site. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Access and Correction
Access to information that we collect and maintain about you may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within the Golf Cart Sellers Sites, you can access that account to update the information you previously provided. Additionally, if you believe that information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Of course, despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you choose to visit the Golf Cart Sellers Sites, your visit and any dispute regarding privacy is subject to this Privacy Statement and our Visitor Agreement, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Georgia.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Statement. We will provide you with additional notice of material changes by posting notice of the changes for thirty (30) days before we implement those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.